Old Fashioned choice of rye or bourbon sugar in the raw, angostura bitters
Grolsch pale lager, dutch refreshing, crisp and thirst quenching.
Estaminet pilsner, belgium light & crisp with fruity ester and pepper aromas.
Palm amber ale, belgium subtle complexity with a bit of spice.
Tucher hefeweizen, germany unfiltered with notes of citrus and clove
Gulden Draak strong ale, belgium rich & malty with sweet fruit and toffee.
Wine By The Glass
101. Prosecco Di Conegliano Valdobbiadene Collalbrigo NV (Italy/Veneto) Sustainable grown on a steep little hill on the outskirts of conegliano, this has all the crisp pears and apples you want from prosecco, with a frothy, somewhat delicate palate. a small amount of barrel-fermented pinot blanc blended in, hence the hint of lush creaminess hanging around. lovely with oysters.
103. Grignolino "Roseus" Montalbera 2009 (Italy/Piemonte) full of first picked strawberries and peaches and lovely spring flowers and made from 100% grignolino, a native varietal to piemonte. lush and round, yet light and crisp, with beautiful balance. pink and simply lovely.
102. Champagne Brut Pol Roger White Foil NV (France/Epernay) if you're going to be drinking champagne, pol roger is never a bad place to be. we love how this one reminds us of small production champagne with its low dosage, delightful bubbles and pure elegance. this is a blend of equal parts chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier. a floral nose, just the right amount of toasty brioche and at least 3 years in bottle make this a beauty. indulge and enjoy.
200. Gruner Veltliner "Windspiel" Fritsch 2011 (Austria/Donauland) Organic the veltliner is austria's great contribution to the world of wine grapes. light and crisp with modest alcohol and little green apples all over. think salads and goat cheese.
202. Falanghina "Taburno" Ocone 2010 (Italy/Campania) Biodynamic after searching for a great falanghina true to its origins, our prayers were finally answered. fresh, salty, mineral driven by volcanic soils. think diving into an ocean. dry. works quite well for seafood.
213. Cour Cheverny Francois Cazin 2009 (France/Loire) Organic grapefruity, bursting with citrus & beautiful acid, fiercely dry. smell the ocean breeze on this funky, unique gem made by cazin, a leader of this tiny aoc within cheverny.100% romorantin - geek grape alert. a fantastic food friend, match with anything rich or saucy or seafood or...
203. Asprinio Intrepid Wine Company 2011 (Italy/Campania) Organic an ancient, indigenous grape that’s grown for over 2000 years in southern italy on, among all things, poplar trees 30 feet in the air. white flowers, stone fruit and minerality, with just a touch of salinity that brings to mind the coast of italy and keeps you coming back sip after sip.
205. Sancerre Domaine De La Pauline 2010 (France/Loire) Organic a perfectly indicative sancerre, but with a lush nose of fruit that says: this is sauvignon blanc at its finest. bearing the winemaker's great great grandmother's name, pauline, this sancerre is graceful with a hint of a wild streak. enjoy with oysters, salads, greens, and particularly goat cheese.
218. Albarino Castro Martin 2010 (Spain/Rias Baixas) Organic although now grown all over the world, the slopes of rias baixas continue to produce the best albarino. this one, with long family roots and standing traditions, has beautiful aromatics and a little lees contact to add fullness. hello autumn.
207. Langhe Chardonnay "Valscura" Bruna Grimaldi 2010 (Italy/Piedmont) Organic looking for unoaked chardonnay? feeling adventurous? look no further. from the region famous for barolo and barbaresco comes this husband-wife team, making a small amount of this 100% chardonnay. lush fruit cut with delightful minerals. reminiscent of the crispness of chablis but with an italian twist.
212. Cotes Du Rhone Blanc Dauvergne Ranvier 2010 (France/South Rhone) lovely rhone blend of grenache blanc, viognier and roussanne with beautiful aromatics of melon, pear and wild flowers and a touch of honey and spice. medium bodied, rich and lip-smackingly delicious. a great winter white.
208. Riesling Trocken Bruder Dr. Becker 2008 (Germany/Rheinhessen) Organic trocken, a.k.a. dry, this certainly is. stone, gravel, you name it and this wine’s got it. fruit here is secondary, terroir first. mouth-filling, zingy. hint of sourdough on the nose. (in 2003, after many years trying, the winemakers convinced & assisted all surrounding vineyards to go organic, creating a true natural ecosystem.)
209. Riesling Spatlese Feinherb "Flagrantia" Faust 2011 (Germany/Rheingau) Organic wow the balance of sweetness & acid here is glorious. full-bodied, floral, easy to fall in love with whether you're looking for a sweet wine or not. husband & wife producers making very little of this wine, and it's simply delicious! for spicy/rich cuisine, absolute perfection with our pork montadito.
217. Bourgogne Blanc Chardonnay Domaine Matrot 2011 (France/Burgundy) Sustainable an incredible value, with enough oak to please new world palates while retaining classic old world character. from one of the oldest estate-bottlers in burgundy and full of their declassified mersault grapes! terroir-expressive, toasty, with sumptuous candied stone fruit and a buttery warmth.
204. Sardinia Renosu Bianco Tenute Dettori MV (Sardinia/Italy) Biodynamic from maverick producer allesandro dettori, this wine has 'cork-dork' written all over it. multi-vintage, primarily vermentino with a bit of moscato thrown in for good measure, unfined, unfiltered and screaming of terroir. rich aromatics of peaches and pears and lush white flowers tickle your nose and delight your palate. and the finish? wow. a wine to contemplate, to be sure.
211. Rioja Blanco "Gravoñia" Lopez De Heredia 2003 (Spain/Rioja) Organic 100% viura, aged 4 yrs in american oak and 6 more in bottle. one of the most traditional white wines in spain -- or the world. deep golden-yellow in color; bready, salty, very rich, with subtle flavors of a fino sherry. finishing tannins add a refreshing lift. white meats, cheeses, mushrooms....
201. Pouilly-Fuissé "Les Vieux Murs" Jacques Charlet 2010 (France/Burgundy) a superb balance of oak, fruit and earth; a beautiful example of what all the pouilly fuisse fuss is about and a fantastic value. rich yet somehow refreshing. voluptuous. lovely with risotto and rich fish.
402. Lambrusco Secco Ca'Montanari-Opera 2010 (Italy/Emilia-Romagna) Biodynamic planning a fall picnic? lambrusco will get it started right and this is precisely the kind we've been searching for. slightly sparkling, grapey, tart, dry & just charming with its rose petal nose. from a tiny vineyard run by the kindest people. served chilled.
404. Hautes Côtes De Nuits Pinot Noir Domaine Marcillet 2010 (France/Burgundy)Biodynamic the finesse and elegance here is matched only by perfect terroir driven "ness." this earthy pinot smells of warm nutmeg, cloves and rose bushes, tastes of cherries and delicate yet fierce funk and drinks superbly smooth. sip alone, sip with mushrooms, sip with pleasure.
408. Tejo "Portal De Aguia" Quinta De Alorna 2009 (Portugal/Alentejo) Sustainable combine alicante bouchet (traditional), tinta roriz (a.k.a. tempranillo), syrah (an oldie but a goodie), and castelao (adds lovely aromatics) and you get this little bundle of joy. a bit spicy, with a touch of earth to remind you where it's from...southern portugal.
409. Primitivo Di Salento Tratturi 2011 (Italy/Puglia) Organic perhaps better known by its american clone, zinfandel, this wine from italy's "heel" has it all. bold and juicy, and brimming with dark berries, licorice and candied violets. beautiful balance, the soft caress of tannins and a super long finish make it a magical pairing with our calamari salad - enjoy!
403. Ruche Di Castagnole Monferrato Montalbera 2011 (Italy/Piedmont) Biodynamic ever heard of ruche? this rare native grape is produced in only seven towns in piemonte and makes delicious juicy, rich wines. intense rose petals and violets blend perfectly with ripe blueberries and spice and a hint of orange zest. soft, silky tannins, rich ripe flavors and a lovely finish. simply delicious.
422. Tinta Del Pais "Valdehermoso" Vinedos Valderiz 2010 (Spain/Ribera Del Duero) Organic spice box... black fruit... toasty... need we say more? just shy of full bodied and perfectly so. often overshadowed by its famous big brother (the valderiz, see our bottle list for further info) but certainly has the ability to stand on its own. perfect with braised meats or any cool weather food companion.
407. Côtes Du Rhône Eric Texier 2010 (France/South Rhone) Biodynamic all the forward red fruit you'd expect from cotes du rhone, here along with charming, plump blueberries. eric is known for his thoughtful, natural wines and this is no exception to the rule. lively acid makes the grenache thrive.
410. Montsant "Peraj Petita" Celler De Capcanes 2010 (Spain/Montsant) Kosher/Organic that's right, a kosher, delicious wine from the land surrounding the famous priorat. a side project from the prominent capcanes crew - the good kind of co-op, holding on to traditions in their old vines. garnacha, carignan, tempranillo. seductive, with spicy jammy fruit. a sensual treat.
406. Cahors Clos La Coutale 2010 (France/Cahors) the bernede family has been making wine for over six generations and put great care in their tiny plot of land. 80% malbec and 20% merlot with lush notes of blackberries and dark plums and hints of flowers and spice; velvety tannins and great structure. what a great answer to the question - do you have a malbec!
412. Langhe Nebbiolo De Forville 2011 (Italy/Piedmont) ahhh... nebbiolo, the great grape of piedmont, makes powerful wines with incredible ageabilty. what a treat to find one from the langhe hills drinking so well so young! brimming with dark fruits, soft violets and roses and all the structure and texture we adore. this glass begs for a cheese plate!
418. Barbera d'Alba Superiore Erbaluna 2010 (Italy/Piedmont) Biodynamic glorious piedmont combined its powers with this biodynamic producer and somehow managed to one-up itself. this is a wine so rich, so juicy and spicy and concentrated yet with tannins so soft they'll melt your heart. let this wine hug you.
417. Rosso Di Montalcino La Rasina 2010 (Italy/Tuscany) Sustainable the real deal - a family run, montalcino born estate - here creating a voluptuous sangiovese with dark, giving fruit and beautiful tannins. a generously structured style that pleases a "steak wine" drinker and still soars with our delicate veal meatballs in all their rich red sauce glory.
416. Bordeaux St Emilion "Pentimento" Château Beauséjour 2008 (France/Bordeaux) Sustainable 1,000 cases produced? in bordeaux this is almost unheard of and is one of many things that makes this wine special. limestone & montmorillonite clay are the unique soil. 75% merlot and 25% cab franc, made by 3 winemakers who were after something different, something that took time & love. well textured, chocolaty, dark, with well-defined tannins. ask us about the name...
411. Monthelie Pinot Noir Chateau De Puligny Montrachet 2008 (France/Burgundy) Biodynamic old vines, recently acquired by a famed volnay winemaker, from the under-appreciated monthelie, and with a name like puligny montrachet? it has to be good! a beautiful project of transforming already thriving vineyards via biodynamics. the result - earth murmurs, leathery cherries, simply burgundy.
413. Rioja Gran Reserva Bodegas Beronia 2005 (Spain/Rioja) Sustainable a rich, powerful, strong fruited tempranillo blend named after the berones people who inhabited the land in the third century bc!! will surely satisfy new world palates looking for fruit and some oak, but it certainly still tastes like rioja.
303. Provence Rosé Domaine d'Eole 2011 (France/Couteaux d'Aix En Provence) Biodynamic we simply must have a provence rose on the list, right? well of many we tasted, this caught our eye for the usual suspects – hinting on melon, full of seashells, pretty as heck – but also because it's made naturally and because it's a 6 grape blend! utterly elegant.
302. Chinon Cabernet Franc Rosé Pichard-Jourdan 2011 (France/Loire) Biodynamic a 5th generation wine-maker and a lovely couple with farming in their blood run this vineyard. a delicate, strawberry scented gem that highlights the core of cabernet franc.
Consuming Raw Or Undercooked Meats, Poultry, Seafood, Shellfish, Or Eggs May Increase Your Risk Of Foodborne Illness.