Welcome to MenuPages - Please Select a city:

Pearls

Chinese Restaurant
  • $$
    RatingAvg. Dinner Entrée
    $$$$$Greater than $25
    $$$$$18.01 - $25
    $$$$12.01 - $18
    $$$7.01 - $12
    $Less than $7
  • Chinese
  • 796 Amsterdam Ave, New York NY10025 40.795921 -73.9690273
  • (At 99th St)
  • click map to interact
  • (212) 749-0300
  • 0

User Ratings (Based on 51 reviews)

3.335
Food 3.4 Value 3.3
Service 3.2 Atmosphere 3.2

Other Restaurant Info

Phone:
work
(212) 749-0300
Fax:
fax
(212) 316-2601
Place Order:
Order From Pearls for delivery & takeout
Notes:
Visa, MC, AmEx, Disc, DC
Hours:
Daily: 11:30am-10:30pm
Serves:
Lunch, Dinner
Features:
Delivery, Online Ordering, Wheelchair Friendly, Accepts Credit Cards, Lunch Special, Take Out
Min Delivery:
10.00

User Reviews

  • Pearls

    Posted by Outoftowner on 09/20/2011

    Delicious

    It's hard to find take out Chinese in the Times Square area (unbelievably). This place is really good. It has the added bonus of being very reasonable. I will go here again.

  • Pearls

    Posted by Calvin Briggs on 04/22/2011

    No Complaints here

    Went for dinner last night with some friends and am astonished at the nelly naysayers on here. Hunan cuisine with lots of Szechuan is my favorite specialty of the great land of China. Wings were crispy and spicy just how I like em, dumplings nice and the Roast duck soup amazing. Shared a few dishes for mains- all exellent. Pearls is welcome where there are barely any Chinese places.

  • Pearls

    Posted by anonymous on 04/21/2011

    good fresh chinese food w/fast delivery

    I have been ordering from here since they opened. I would say that 90% of the time it is delicious. the other 10% must be when the main chef has a night off. good steamed dumplings. the chef's special tofu with vegetables has a nice sauce that is different from the regular brown or garlic sauce, the tofu is lightly fried.

  • Pearls

    Posted by anonymous on 04/20/2011

    Still disappointing...

    We have tried Pearls from time to time since they opened many years ago - sadly, always a disappointing experience. Some of the dishes, usually the appetizers and dim sum, are tasty -- and then there is always the big letdown: lo mein overcooked and greasy, gristly, chewy chicken bits, chunks of slimy mushroom in what is supposed to be an asparagus dish. Amazing there are so many good reviews.

  • Pearls

    Posted by Joe on 02/14/2011

    Excellent Restaurant

    The food and overall ambiance of this restuarant was terrific. Some of the best chinese food that i have had in New York since i moved here. Finally a place i can count on!

  • Pearls

    Posted by Patrick Hardy on 02/13/2011

    Great take-out

    While the take-out delivery was on the slow side, I couldn't be happier with the fresh, delicious entree I received after my first time call. Most of the Chinese restaurants in the area have closed over the past few years so it was a pleasure to find such an affordable gem. Will definitely be ordering again!

  • Pearls

    Posted by FoodieWhoIsn'tASpoiledBrat on 02/11/2011

    Great food

    The food here is delicious. Unless you want to pay for Shun Lee (which is worth the cost of the meal, but pricey), Pearls and Columbia Cottage are your best options for Chinese food on the Upper West Side. If Pearls was 15 blocks down, it would be packed. Their steamed dumplings and most entrees are delicious. Free boxed wine with the meal makes it a great value for students who miss Silk Road Palace and can't stand the lack of service at The Cottage. I am always happy with the food quality and pricing. The service could use improvement, but it is a nice place to sit, talk, and have a quiet and delicious dinner. Delivery comes fairly quickly. A side note: I had to write this because there are some great restaurants which get a bad rap because the customers who write reviews are spoiled brats. To them, whether you are complaining at Duane Reade, yelling at the man in the bagel shop, or berating help in a restaurant, it's disgusting. Try treating the people with whom you interact with a modicum of common courtesy and respect. I am a native New Yorker and love this city, but am tired of seeing my neighbors treat people this way. Honestly, when I read your reviews, I shake my head and give it little weight, because I know it's from one of the divas who make me cringe on a daily basis.

Advertising
3,000+ menus from the world's most diverse neighborhood.
© 2002-2014 Slick City Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. MenuPages® is a trademark of Slick City Media, Inc. Disclaimer