Welcome to MenuPages - Please Select a city:

Ise Japanese Restaurant (CLOSED)

  • $$$
    RatingAvg. Dinner Entrée
    $$$$$Greater than $25
    $$$$$18.01 - $25
    $$$$12.01 - $18
    $$$7.01 - $12
    $Less than $7
  • Japanese, Sushi, Noodle Shops
  • 151 E 49th St, New York NY10017 40.7555536 -73.9720241
  • (Btwn Lexington & 3rd Ave)
  • click map to interact
  • (212) 319-1494
  • 0

User Ratings (Based on 18 reviews)

Food 4.3 Value 3.9
Service 3.8 Atmosphere 3.6

Other Restaurant Info

(212) 319-1494
(212) 319-6876
(212) 715-0196
Delivery Take Out Catering Visa, MC, AmEx, Disc
Lunch Mon-Fri: 11:30am-2:45pm Dinner Daily: 5pm-10:45pm
Lunch, Dinner
Delivery, Wheelchair Friendly, Accepts Credit Cards, Take Out, Catering, Private Parties
Min Delivery:

User Reviews

  • Ise Japanese Restaurant

    Posted by anonymous on 09/21/2011

    Authentic Japanese!

    We loved it here! Went for dinner. The food was amazing--really authentic Japanese cooking. We were the only non-Japanese diners in the packed restaurant, which is always a good sign. We were totally stuffed fo well under $20 per person, and the service was pretty good. As for the "B" health rating--you might notice it is common for Japanese restaurants to have a B, not an A. The ratings have a lot to do with food temperature, and sushi fish is better at room temp, not cold, so that probably explains it. I will def be going here again, I loved it!

  • Ise Japanese Restaurant

    Posted by anonymous on 09/14/2011

    Good, but with some issues

    I went because of the close proximity to the hotel where I was staying based on the reviews. Noticed a "B" on the window, but went in anyways (as I was not ordering sushi)...not sure of reason for rating? I ordered the Chicken Teriyaki - which was 70% good (the other 30% was overcooked, dry and tough). The meal came with soup at the beginning, and hot tea at the end, which were both good - and the service was quick, efficient & very friendly. Unfortunately, as the food was hit and miss, I probably would not go back.

  • Ise Japanese Restaurant

    Posted by Rob D on 04/04/2011

    True Japanese

    I don't know how some of these reviewers don't starve to death. Ise is one of the best Japanese places I've ever been, and so to see reviews here complaining about the fish strikes me as sour grapes. Everyone I've taken here loved it; sure, service isn't always awesome, but Japanese restaurants are never known for service, so get over it. And don't just take my word for the quality: note that at any given time, 80% of the patrons here are actual Japanese people. This is my go-to place for sushi in NY.

  • Ise Japanese Restaurant

    Posted by yuMMie825 on 06/30/2010

    Authentic & Great Value!

    I would suggest going here for lunch - they have great lunch specials! Under $20 and you will be stuffed, from sushi to noodles to katsu... anything you could want. However, make sure you go at a reasonable hour (i.e. not at 2pm, speaking from experience) because a lot of the lunch sets will be sold out! The Lady Lunch Special is usually the best deal, but get there early! I have gone here numerous times and will continue to return. There are even great dinner specials too that will leave you stuffed and under $20.

  • Ise Japanese Restaurant

    Posted by Anonymous on 02/12/2010

    Poor service. Be careful!

    A restaurant with the worst service in the city and full of tricks. Be careful! 1. be careful about what you see and what you can get finally! The quantity of so called lunch special is limited and after a long waiting time, you will be told all the food you want is gone and you will be "forced" to order those expensive and not so tasty food as you have waited a long time for the seat. 2. service is really poor. We were pushed back and forth by the angry waitresses as we waited for our seats for several times. Ridiculous! Promised to myself that I will never go there.

  • Ise Japanese Restaurant

    Posted by Farhad on 08/04/2009

    Special Rolls

    Absoultely splendid! I mean it. Wasabe was so great I pratically bathed in it (I actually did bathe in it, but I'll spare the details). The Chef's Special Roll was a solid 8" which is just about all I can handle in one sitting. Try this place. you'll love it.

  • Ise Japanese Restaurant

    Posted by anonymous on 07/14/2009

    Great quality at a reasonable price

    One of the best value-for-money Japanese restaurants in the city. Good quality sushi, excellent entrees and an amazing selection of appetizers. They are willing to be creative with the sushi and make things that are not on the menu. The staff is friendly and service is very prompt. Good as a delivery option if you work in the area.

© 2015 GrubHub, Inc. All rights reserved.